Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: EASTER Hang Out Space - All are invited!

Your poetry really gets me moving my mind into totally different places @tonys  - fabulous and so very creative.. thank you so much for sharing 🙂 

Hey everyone @Former-Member @tyme @Sophia1 @Shaz51 @Tilz

i went to the shops this morning… can’t believe how much the price of things have gone up!

I don’t normally go to the shops but I promised my niece I’d buy her kiwis… $18/kg for kiwis! 

Oh well. What to do.

im having homemade burgers and fries for dinner tonight. What’s everyone else having?

@Abner , i dont think we are supposed to include how many kms we have run, nor the location because of guidelines. The mods should pick it up. Besides that, im glad you went for a run today. I went for an extensive walk.

@BPDSurvivor  Yeah thats true. The prices are really high . Seems like dinner going to be so tasty 😋 home made 😍

@Shaz51  That’s really good. Even me. Giving some free time for myself

hey there @BPDSurvivor  🙂

I had to pick up my jaw from my keyboard after reading your post about the price of kiwi fruit.... what on earth..?!?

side note: I have a friend getting married in October, and they are making everything immunocompromised-friendly, so I am really considering going... but, the accommodation was going to be $1900+ for 2 nights (the minimum booking period)...

I can get a helicopter to fly me there and back for cheaper than that, instead of driving the 7+hour round trip! It'll take around 45-50mins each way in the chopper.... I can hear Arnold calling "GET TO DA CHOPPA!" haha 😉

Homemade burgers and fries sounds delicious! I am having some steamed veggies and chicken sausage rolls I made yesterday 🙂

Hello @Adge 😊💗

How are you going 

Happy Easter all 

1) What is one goal you'd like to accomplish in the next few days? complete a side table im making 

2) What is one self-care activity you can focus on during this Easter break? take time to work on some things my psychologist asked me to think about

3) What is one recovery-orientated quote you'd like to remind yourself over the next few days? "Every setback is a setup for a comeback. Recovery isn't about erasing the past; it's about rewriting the future with resilience, courage, and self-compassion."

Really feeling in tune with Easter atm.  Maybe too much but it is the way it is in my family. Walked with a crowd over a river to commemorate The Passion.

Played the organ Good Friday with mini choir and violin, so that was beautiful and bodes well for future music making there. Still have to do tmrws gig.  Wish me the best.

@Tilz @Former-Member @Shaz51 @tyme @Jacques @tonys 

hi @Sophia1 my friend, im not a religious person but i do like history and the origins of easter come from this:

The concept of the spring equinox has origins in ancient cultures around the world. Many early civilizations, including the Egyptians, Greeks, and Persians, observed the changing seasons and marked the equinoxes as significant points in their calendars.

One of the most famous ancient celebrations of the spring equinox is the festival of Nowruz, which originated in ancient Persia and is still celebrated in various forms today in Iran and other countries. Nowruz marks the beginning of the Persian New Year and occurs around the time of the spring equinox.

In ancient times, the spring equinox held great importance because it signified the end of winter and the beginning of spring, a time of renewal, fertility, and rebirth. Many cultures held rituals and festivals to honor this transition and to celebrate the return of longer days and warmer weather. Over time, these traditions evolved into the various customs and holidays we observe today.

Sounds like a place to feel the feelings at the moment @Appleblossom ? xx

And all the very best for tomorrow 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance