Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just sad

That’s really nice @tyme and look I completely agree as a parent, I saw something the other day where families are doing this challenge to spend a certain amount of hours outside for the entire year, which is great for them and each to their own, but our kids spend most of the day outside even with the little one who’s not even 2 yet, our yard is big but safe and we can always see them if we aren’t out there, but I just thought there’s no way we could do that we don’t have to it, going outside isn’t a thing for us it’s just what we do. we are looking to go on more camping trips, hiking trips and 4WD trips now that we are almost out of the baby stage it’s a bit easier

and fishing trips!! Just no boat @tyme 😔

@ArraDreaming - Are you going to see the penguins at Philip Island? They are very cute.

As for camping, I was supposed to this time around, but the houseboating popped up, so I took up that opportunity instead and cancelled the campsite.

But we will go another other time.

Yeah I’m sure we will I have never been I can’t believe they have penguins so close to us @tyme

Yeah you can go camping anytime I’m sure houseboatijg will be fun

Alright I’m going to log off, I’m feeling emotionally better than I was earlier and I have a bit more energy so I better get out of bed and go actually help pack the car and everything I haven’t done anything I should probably make use of my energy 

Also do you do much camping anyway @tyme? what’s your set up?

we’re looking at getting swags, we only have 1 double swag is a tight squeeze for 4

My car will need a fair bit of work before we can go 4WD in it lol it’s a 4WD but a peice of shit lol

I don't go camping often. I've really only just started because I got with my sister and her family. The kids are now old enough, so we are trying to get out and camp more.

We use powered sites. So we have a 10 person tent and fit 2 queen mattresses and a cot in there.

We also have a gazebo.

It's a pretty good set up. We take the kids' bikes and scooters too. They love it.

@ArraDreaming .

I can chat more to you about it later. Hope you get some sleep and feel better soon!

That sounds cool, we should set up a thread here for people who like camping and 4WD and stuff

Anyway talk to ya Tuesday thanks for keeping me company @tyme
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance