Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

the need of clarity

hello everyone I need to write tonight cause I tried talking to lifeline but it wasnt helpfull in the least this time so Ill write instead,Ive noticed theres been clarity in my personal life as well as a sense of self growth but Im still needing a sense of clarity in some areas of my life,sometimes its hard to find someone who understands or is willing to sit and listen and other times there can be a feeling of lonelyness that comes with life and learning and lessons sorry if this sounds like a riddle ,its almost like a riddle of sorts ,lots of thoughts I have about myself lately have not been as positive as they could be maybe in some ways I feel a few issues come up in terms of self doubt,self Judgement,self criticiseing,self loathing which is a deep rooted problem,Im coming to a head in a way of needing to talk those things out with someone but sort of not knowing how to start ,maybe writting them the info out in letter form might make sense,they need to know my issue isnt with them,the issue is with myself self doubt is a major problem,that tends to cause issues in relationships and the only way to clear and clarify things is to force myself to get out of my comfort zone and communicate about it share the fears that hold me back but ballance it with sharing happy things and a summary of where I think things are at and where Im at and where the other person feels they are at ,cause not speaking about it is worse,and only causes more worry,more fear and more frustration for me and someone else,I have to communicate,clearly and calmly about my current needs and not let voices and critisisim from past relationships particulary with family memebers,I cant let a negative past ,ruin a positive present ,positive experience,Ill try my best to communicate cause honestly I need to ,I have to and I want to to clear the air of worry at least a little,and hopefully build a better bridge for the present anyway goodnoght everyone,somehow Ill work out how to share what needs to be shared 

1 REPLY 1

Re: the need of clarity

Hey @LostAngel 

I might not understand but I am happy to listen.  I have to say, and you might be finding this, While support is great, you actually need some challenges along with that support. Without you challenging your views, how do you find growth, and as you mentioned, you want to build a better bridge, so you need people in your life that support you in the challenge of building that bridge, not just supporting you in having a bridge that does not work. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance