Skip to main content

Re: I can’t cope

Oh dear @Captain24 .

I'm sorry to hear. It sounds like there have been physical effects of this.

It may be good to take note of the incident while it is fresh for you because I'm sure there will be an investigation. e.g. that the person told you to keep driving etc.

At this stage, there has been a lot of progress in you. I wonder if this is a little 'test' in your recovery? Of course it's not a test, but that's how I used to conquer the challenges that came in the way. As soon as things were getting on track, then a 'test' would come, but I would be determined to beat it....

And yes, that's how I best it each time.

I have journaled a little bit about it. @tyme. I should write it all down. I might do it tomorrow. It’s a great idea. Thank you. There will be an investigation as it has to be reported to the regulators. 

I have made a lot of progress and I am proud of myself. If this is a test I’m really failing. 

With the urges, I have resisted. That’s a massive achievement and shows me that I am getting stronger 

Precisely @Captain24 .

That's what I want to point out. 

Nowadays, I laugh when I think about it. I remember I asked my clinician, "Is this a test?" He looked more than bewildered and had no idea what I was talking about.

But yes, these little mind games have always gotten me through life. Even now, to coax myself to do something, I 'beat the timer' or something silly like that.

But in a way, it shows I'm a goal oriented person and it works for me.

You might find something different works for you.

But yes, whenever there have been incidents, the first thing I do is write as much as I can down so that I don't forget the details when it comes time for the investigation etc. It takes the stress off.

I look forward to hearing how it goes for you this week, when you contact the OHS person... or whoever you have to contact. Remember to see the doc for an all-clear too.

I'll see you around.