Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

Hi @outlander 

I hope you got home today ok and things are a little better.

Love you lots sis 💗💗

I'm back home now. I got home late yesterday afternoon

@tyme

i still have my job yeah but not at work today. working tomorrow though

Ok @outlander - hope you are okay there.

Anything you want to chat about?

ive stepped down as team leader atm but seems the one that really wanted my job is not coping in the role or handling it. @tyme so might step back up in the new year. not sure yet.
i just seem to be surrounded by people who only want to make contact when they need something from me instead of like before where we would just talk about well anythint really. . seems like my friendship circle has gone down again.

im getting abit worried that the treatment i went away for hasnt worked as well as i had hoped.

I've always been told that in work, you don't go 'up' to make friends @outlander - keeping this in mind has keep me from a lot of tears.

Do what's right by you. 

As for treatment, I don't know enough about it to comment. But I hope it does make some difference.

oh i dont really work with the friends im referring to @tyme

those i work with are fine.

it was an infusion of high strength pain medications to try and get the brain to essentially 'forget' and reset the body to get it to function normally rather then thinking the injury i sustained is still there. its a massive nerve dysfunction within the body where it doesnt know how to react to pain so its always sending pain signals.
the treatment is suppose to aid in reducing pain even for a little while but so far it hasnt done anything

@outlander Not talked in a while.

Its hard dealing with pain.  You have had a lot of experience than many your age.  Hope things improve.

I had an uncle manager who had a policy of NEVER being friends with workers below him. Found it easier that way not being pulled this way and that. Felt he could be boss better.

Had a boss who played 500 at coffee breaks and generated a good team spirit and I still feel grateful I was on his team.

Find your own path ... but being in those roles effects relationships , due to money difference and responsibilities... 

Oh dear @outlander . Pain makes everything worse, especially mental health.

I remember when I had back pain, my MH really declined.

I hope you find some relief soon.

@outlander hon, not much to add but am here for you sweetheart.

I'm sorry you still have pain.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance