Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

T45
New Contributor

What to know? I'm new here

6 REPLIES 6

Re: What to know? I'm new here

Hey @T45 . You've come at a good time. Everyone's got spring fever motivation. My guess is that's why you're here to.

There's a thread for just about every mental health adventure, here. So the "what to know" is whatever you're working on, you're now officially less alone. Welcome.

Hi @T45 

I just wanted to reach out to welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

I’m so sorry that I didn’t have the opportunity to read what you shared with us in your original message and as such, I just wanted to touch base with you to see how you’re travelling today?

In my experience, reaching out to an online community and sharing parts of our lives can be incredibly daunting and as such, I just wanted to say that I think that you’ve taken a really brave first step 💜

I also just ever so gently wanted to reassure you, that there’s absolutely no pressure or expectations in relation to what you share about yourself, or when you share the things that are important to you and as such, this is something that’s always completely up to you 😊

One of the things that I really love about our community, is that it’s full of so many amazing people from all different walks of life and as such, I have no doubt that you’ll find yourself in wonderful company here 💜

In my experience, exploring some of our social threads can be a really gentle way to ease yourself into community life and meet some other members of our community and so with this in mind, I’ve just shared the link to our social spaces just in case you would like to take a look 😊

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/bd-p/le-forum-0003

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @T45 that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

I really hope that you’ll continue to reach out to us here and please let me know if there’s anything that I can do to support you 💜

I look forward to talking with you again 😊

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar 💜

Hi @T45 ,

Warm welcome to you 🙂 

Please feel free to reach out. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums.

Do you have any particular interests whereby I can direct you to threads of interest?

General mental health would be good. Especially around anxiety and depression 

Hi @T45 

Welcome to the forums! It's so nice to have you here. This page might help. There's lots of information here about anxiety and depression https://www.sane.org/information-and-resources/facts-and-guides 

Another handy tip is if you want to tag a particular forum member you can type the @ and a drop down box will appear with the member's names.

Looking forward to see you around

Hanami

Hey @T45 ,

There are quite a number of different threads you are welcome to have a look at.

If you go to https://saneforums.org/t5/Lived-Experience-Forum/ct-p/lived-experience-forum , you can scroll to the bottom and see some tags. Click on the tags for the topics you are interested in:

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 3.27.19 pm.png

You are also welcome to have a look at:

1) Share a cuppa? 

2) Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂 

3) Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday 

4) The Ice-Memery 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance