Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @StuF , @tonys , @PinkFlamingo , @Lila3 , @Bill16 , @PeppiPatty , @greenpea , @Jynx , @Emelia8 , @Anastasia , @Oaktree 

Still raining 🌧 here 

Ohh well soo used to it , rain does not stop us anymore 

Someone wants to move away 

Hello @Jacques , @Healandlove , @Krishna , @The-red-centaur , @SmilingGecko , @BPDSurvivor , @Appleblossom , @Sophia1 

How are you all today ☺️ 

Hello @TAB , @Clawde , @Dimity , @Adge , @Historylover , @NatureLover 😁

Hi @Shaz51  just poring over what am supposed to be doing for course am doing. Have come up with a few ideas, now taking them for dry runs in my head  to see if would work

How are you going ?

Ah, interesting @tonys 🙂🌺

I humbly understand where you’re coming from now ☺️🙌🏻

As a student, there were many of these kinds of studies that we were required to review and opine, and without including detailed reporting my assignments from days gone by (🤭), I found lots of environmental, humanistic, and societal parameters that renders them limited in dimensions - that’s not to say certain parameters aren’t true or align with many behaviours exhibited in society, it does however sometimes mean that the experimental context is by design and this in itself can influence the outcomes, as well as participants selection criterion, etc. giving rise to results that aren’t necessarily generalisable unless one lives in and or around such conditions 🙂🌺 

For instance, I love the sound of engines blasting out their noise, and as an infant, I would gladly fall asleep immediately next to the thundering of exhaust from the motorcycle and side car that was the family transport back in the day. I could listen to those kinds of sounds like music. I do miss it here, where I live now, in a very quiet environment, for which I have no intrinsic motivation to make noise in, either, because I don’t have noise/disruption making as a symptom of a deeper underlying problem ☺️ I just love engine noise and screeching tyres for the sounds they make 🙂

I live in virtual silence as a person living with poor immunity, but this lack of significant enjoyable sound ls doesn’t bother me either. 
speaking of, it would be impossible for me to share my space with boarders - even everyday germs are a real life and not life concern here ☺️🌺
Some studies state narcissism as one of the motivators for loud cars, but there were other perceived traits that were also found. 
interestingly, there were associated findings that bigger vehicles were perceived to be more aggressive…which begs the question as to why someone needs to get themselves a massive SUV when the largest item their tyres will encounter in everyday travels is a standard sized gutter adjacent to smooth(ish) tarmac .. 🙂🌺

Most of the studies I have seen in this particular vein have acknowledged their limitations in generalisability and the need for more nuanced study parameters 🙂the one I’ve mentioned here 🙂 

its great that the psychiatrist(?) was helpful though - that’s a job well done by a helping professional 🌺🙂🙌🏻

I hope you have a lovely afternoon, and the sun bringing beauty to your skies ☺️🌺

Yea alright here @TAB 

Mr shaz trying to fix an old greenfield ride on mower,  I don't know 😁

Good afternoon @Shaz51 I hope Mr Shaz51 can fix the ride on

makes him happy I guess @Shaz51  ?

Me too @Bill16 

Thinking 🤔 it might need a new engine 

Hello @Eve7 , @Glisten , @Bow , @Snowie , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Meowmy 

As long as he gets it going @TAB 😊

Hello @MDT , @RiverSeal , @Birdofparadise8 , @creative_writer , @Pem , @Xibon , @LilMapleLeaf , @Tilz , @Blackbird11 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance