Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

yeah , have CD player, just lazy @ENKELI . i used to use USB drive, not sure what the issue was this time as brother did it. think he went for highest quality AAC or something and my radio was maxxed at MP4 s or something, so, had to have software to play it, so put it all on mobile 

I did look on laptop to see if itunes still there, wasnt, it went with old one. good riddance. I used to upload cds I had bought and itunes would play it for like 6-12 mths then delete it, or it would just disappear, happened over and over  , plus everytime went to use itunes had to use dift methods to do same thing. Was torture.

@TAB never trust brothers ha ha ha! I had the same thing with iTunes, all the music I had purchased disappeared so I gave up. I bought a programme many years ago called wondershare that downloads music from YouTube etc so I use that and put it onto a usb or sd. Much easier.

@ENKELI I'm doing well. Just did some yoga and am about to go for a walk soon. Don't buy an ipod they no longer make them anymore but they do still sell them on ebay. I've had two break within a year.

One was a used refurbished factory reconditioned model and the other was a flimsy new one. I plan to download tracks onto my Android over the weekend hopefully. My Android is sturdy compared to the recent ipod I had. The other ipod was a bit of a hulk but the battery died within the buyer protection period. 

I think they are designed to break. My newer ipod was just resting on a table and I picked it up and it would not start. It had not overheated. Tried charging it up but the battery icon wouldn't work. Thought it may have been the USB cord, but that was in perfect condition so I don't know.

TAB
Senior Contributor

I think the problem was the process was going through 2 heads. and i didnt want to pay for anything. odds are anything to do with offline youtube =subscription of some type? I just wanted what I used to have. guess could just get cds and put onto usb  well mp4 player of some sort think sony dont make them anymore , not sure what brand is ok, guess stereo tells you what track playing anyway re USB @ENKELI 

@TAB my brother bought a Sony player I think, many years ago and said it was really good.

That's what I like about wondershare, I can download from YouTube and play it off-line. Trying to deal with YouTube when driving is an accident waiting to happen for me. 

I use cds more than anything else though. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah, got sidetracked was going to look for it ie wondershare @ENKELI  think brother said he just pays for youtube now, so can have everything offline so long as keep paying ..forever .. lol and of course you cant keep if stop paying lol

@SmilingGecko thanks for the heads up. I think most things like that are designed to break these days. Nothing lasts anymore. I might save my money and just stick to what I've got!

Glad to hear you're doing well, keeping healthy. 😊

Yes I take out buyers protection when buying tech or appliances. It may cost extra but its some measure of peace of mind @ENKELI. But I have found to satisfy a refund they have steep requirements to get your money back.  Have seen one other person on facebook trying to get his money back on a TV that didn't work. They put him through the hoops. I also noticed that when I tried to get my money back on my refurbished ipod. They wanted me to send both pictures and videos of the device not working plus detailed descriptions and screenshots of correspondence with the vendor. In the end I got my money back.  But this new ipod was in good working order and just died all of a sudden.  It cheaply made tech!

@TAB yes that's why I got wondershare uniconverter. I paid about $70 for a lifetime subscription but we all know that lifetime is a matter of perspective depending on the company. I've since paid about the same amount twice more but to be fair over 20 odd years it's not too bad. I have 2 laptops and can download it on both without any trouble, I think it allows up to 5 devices or something like that. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah am getting confused @ENKELI  re usbs  guess i could download sound only ? dunno  ok thanks .

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance