Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

wild_rose
Senior Contributor

Checking in

I thought I should check in.

Rght now things arent good. My relationship is in even more turmoil, sicne leaving, my partner is having trouble coping with the fact that fact that I have been diagnosed as having a for lack of a better term 'a psychotic break'.

The place I was in all patients were discharged early due to a covid crisis. The night before me and my partner had spoke on the phone and he mentioned he needed a break from me contacting him, so I that's what I tried to do. When I say our relationship is in trouble, I reaaly mean it, if things don't start changing drastically in the next few weeks. he's told me he can't do it anymore and I don't blame him. I have been selfish, closed off and in general a horrible person to him and I'M surprised and thankful for this one last chance to prove to him, that the selfless and kind hearted woman he fell in love with is still here.

That day I had been put on a new med, which I later found out can cause balance issues, so I was sent home from the facility in a taxi, and didn't tell him because I was trying to give him the spsce he needed. Within 15 minutes of getting home, I took a nasty fall, from standing too quickly and ended up in the ED. Several hour later they told me I has dislocated and fractured my shoulder as well as causin g significant damage to my shoulder muscles.

So several days in hospital and I'm home.

The worst thing about all this is so many people believe it was an act of manipulation in order to try and make my partner stay, it wasn't and it hurts like hell that people think I deliberately incapacitated myself, my goals were to return to work ASAP, and focus my attention on getting better and communicating better with my partner and working through things, the last thing I wanted was to put him though this. The last thing I wanted was for him to worry even more when he's own mental health is suffering.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Checking in

my goals were to return to work ASAP, and focus my attention on getting better and communicating better with my partner and working through things,--- thes are great goals @wild_rose 

take one day at a time my friend

sending you lots of tender hugs and hope you feek better soon and remember self care for your self and having a coping box to help you each day 

you are not alone my friend 

@Appleblossom, @Former-Member , @Judi9877 

Hi @wild_rose 

It sounds like there’s a lot going on and you’re having a really difficult time right now HeartHeartHeart.

It can be really hard navigating a relationship and the needs of someone else when you have needs of your own as well.

How are you coping now and what supports do you have in place?

If you feel you need extra support I would encourage you to contact the SANE help centre https://www.sane.org/counselling-support 

Paperdaisy Heart

Hi @wild_rose  Thanks for posting and checking in. It seems like things have been wild for you with what you've said has been going on. That's a lot of stuff to deal with and I'm glad you've found the courage to reach out for support from the forums. That's brave of you and I appreciate you doing this. Well done forumite👍🏻!

As for the shoulder injury, whilst that's not great to hear, I don't see it as manipulation at all. I see it as someone who wasn't well and that had a simple fall. Nothing more, nothing less. The reality is people will say what they like and you can't control that. The only person you can control is you and you're the one the matters the most so don't ever forget that. 
I'm also very glad to see you had some goals planned coming out of hospital. That's great to hear and I'm proud of you! Wanting to go back to work is great and I see that as a person who is motivated and wants to do something besides sit at home. I hope you can get back to work eventually as I know you'll treasure the experience, especially since you've had to have a break because of the injury. 

Keep powering along on the positive highway!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🍀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance