Skip to main content

Re: My Mosaic

Oh I completely get that @Bow I'm also someone who likes to be able to blend into the background, but it sounds like you've really been challenging yourself here so good on you!

Ugh that's not very helpful is it? I can understand the thinking of wanting to highlight your strengths and try to encourage this by reminding you that you've done it before, but at a point they need to be able to hear you and trust that you know yourself best and know when you really need that extra support.

Have you tried explaining it to them the way you did just here, like your ED taking it as a challenge to prove them wrong? That's a really effective description of what's going on internally for you

I'm just about to finish up for the night but I'll chat to you tomorrow if you're around

Bow
Senior Contributor

Would they even understand? Even care? Cause they’ve basically dismissed and invalidated me with their response. 

im super anxious about seeing my SW tomorrow. I know I gotta eat, but my ED is far louder at the moment 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Bow, really hearing how much you're feeling dissuaded from chatting to your supports about this feeling. And like... maybe they won't quite understand, or maybe not in the way that someone with lived experience can understand. But that doesn't mean they won't care. Especially if you highlight just how invalidated you're feeling. Like tryna picture their perspective, maybe they have no idea how crappy this has left you feeling. And if you don't speak up about it, they might assume you found their words reassuring, rather than upsetting, ya know? 

You don't necessarily have to broach the topic right away, especially if it's got you feeling pretty shaken. Like @Ru-bee pointed out, you do have the words to describe what you're going through. Maybe this is another situation where screenshotting your forums posts could be a useful way to get the point across?

Anyway, here for ya hun, and depositing some hugs here for ya too 😊

🫂🫂🫂

Bow
Senior Contributor

I don’t know @Jynx  feeling heaps emotional tonight now. Itching for D to go to bed so that I can just go crawl into bed. 

I wish things weren’t so complicated…. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow yeah for sure darlin, juggling the complexity is in itself such a huge drain on our inner resources, not to mention everything else. Heck, maybe that's something you could chat to your SW or CM about sometime, simplifying stuff? I mean I'm not sure what that would look like, but I'm just sorta contemplating whether you're perhaps burnt out from it all... 

Not long now hun, bedtime is coming for you whether you like it or not! You all wrapped up in blankies yet?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Struggling so much to make healthy decisions. 

Hey @Bow I hear you, making healthy decisions when we're not in a healthy place mentally or physically is tough stuff.

How did things go seeing your SW today?

Hi dear @Bow 

Haven't spoken for awhile but have been following along in the background hon.

Just so you know 💕

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Ru-bee @Snowie 

yeah it’s harder to make good decisions when I am unwell like this. Brain needs fuel.

SW visit was ok. We just chatted about all sorts. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

So disgustingly fat and ugly nothing I do will ever change it. I’m so repulsed I ate dinner. They keep nagging I want them to shut up. Just shut up and leave me alone